Why Work at CrossPlans
CrossPlans is a family owned Third Party Administration Firm organized around the belief that if we keep our promises and deliver on expectations while providing high quality work, business owners and Retirement Plan Sponsors will find it enjoyable and rewarding to work with our Firm.
Our Vision is to design, implement and administer qualified retirement plans that accomplish our clients’ goals.
Our Approach is to manage complex retirement plan concepts, requirements and needs by delivering easy to understand processes and concepts through a level of service that makes the retirement plan work of our clients and their staff as easy as possible.
As a result, our Mission is:
- Provide business owners and Plan Sponsors with clear, timely, effective retirement strategies;
- Assist Plan Sponsors and plan participants in formulating and achieving retirement goals;
- Assist clients with an understanding of the benefits and responsibilities of sponsoring a qualified retirement plan.
Our People Make the Difference
At CrossPlans, we employ the best pension professionals we can find and hold them to the highest standards in communication and technical skills. We require industry accreditation, annual continuing education and after an initial probationary period, we subsidize annual continuing education costs to ensure our team keeps their knowledge level both contemporary and accessible.
In addition to technical skills, our people are selected to align with our core values as a company. We expect our team to care about our clients, communicate clearly, respond timely and be committed to doing excellent work and nourishing relationships.
We can teach you the business and help you learn about Qualified Retirement Plans but we are looking for people with the inter-personal skills that we can’t teach!
Current Job Openings
Defined Contribution Administrator
The Pension Administrator position will be responsible for performing all aspects of Retirement Plan administration including compliance testing, plan valuations, contribution calculations and annual governmental filings.
- Manages and coordinates plan administration on an assigned caseload to include data gathering, checking and input
- Maintains a schedule for year-end processing
- Prepares plan valuations and all required coverage, discrimination and limitation testing
- Reviews, maintains and understands all plan related documents
- Acquires knowledge of the plan and the retirement industry
- Documents and maintains plan procedures and forms
- Reviews and maintains plan files
- Identifies and takes action on errors
- Conducts research and documents findings
- Processes asset statements and quality checks complex transactions
- Coordinates discussions on transaction processing with client and other advisors
- Monitors distribution and settlement accounts
- Prepares 5500s and related forms
- Database management
- College degree – preferred but not required
- Familiarity with ASC Software is required
- ASPPA/NIPA designations – preferred but not required
- Experienced with Microsoft Office with a proficiency in Excel
- Familiarity with PensionPro preferred
- Minimum 3 years of Defined Contribution experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Displays sound problem solving and decision making skills
- Comprehensive understanding of retirement planning
- General knowledge of business management and operations
We offer a great, collaborative work environment with competitive salary commensurate with experience, a 401(k) plan, Dental and Medical Insurance, Vacation pay, and paid holidays. We strongly encourage and support continuing education, industry credentials, and supplemental industry training.
Assistant Defined Contribution Administrator
The Assistant DC Administrator Role operates in support of our Pension Administrators and will be asked to perform a wide range of tasks from data input to client contact.
You must have the desire to solve problems dynamically, have excellent communication skills, be team oriented, detail focused and organized. The right applicant will be a hardworking, resilient, self-motivated/self-starter, who has the ability to get things done and deliver results for our team and meaningful interactions with our clients.
The Assistant role requires the ability to listen and respond to a wide variety of tasks, but also to ask the bigger picture, “what if” or “what next” question to help themselves and the team.
- Balancing of trust accounts, brokerage statements and completing of asset records
- Processing participant loans and distributions
- Daily communication with Plan Representatives
- Preparation and packaging of annual client packages
- Preparation and packaging of Plan Document package
- Operation familiarity with our website and client portal
- Assist on the management of incoming and outgoing calls
- Interface with clients and referral sources to obtain and provide necessary information
- Filing and Scanning
- College degree – preferred but not required
- Minimum of 2 years office experience in related industry
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel expected
- Database experience is a plus
- Enjoys being part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Maintain and advance effective working relationships with other employees
- Ability to handle a number of responsibilities/projects simultaneously
- Strong, effective and respectful oral and written communication skills
- Resilience in a constantly changing environment
In addition to competitive pay, our company offers:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) plan with Employer participation
- Continuing Education Spending Account
- Paid Time Off